Q-Park is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Q-Park wants to provide the best possible service to its customers. In the execution of its business activities Q-Park is required to process personal data. It is important for you to know that Q-Park makes every effort to handle your personal details carefully and securely.
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides rights for individuals regarding their personal data. Q-Park respects your rights and outlines here how Q-Park ensures that you can exercise your rights regarding the privacy of your personal data.
You have the following rights:
• Right of access – You have the right to see the personal data we are processing about you and get a number of information about the processing
• Right to rectification – You have the right to get incorrect/wrong personal data rectified
• Right to erasure or “the right to be forgotten” – You have the right to get personal data about you erased if one of the conditions mentioned in the General Data Protection Regulation is met
• Right to restriction of processing – You have the right to limited processing of your personal data if one of the conditions mentioned in the General Data Protection Regulation is met
• Right to data portability – You have the right to receive your personal data and to request that personal data be transferred from one data controller to another if one of the conditions mentioned in the General Data Protection Regulation is met
• Right to object – You have the right to object to any otherwise legal processing of your personal data if one of the conditions mentioned in the General Data Protection Regulation is met
• Withdrawal of consent – If processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time
• Lodge a complaint – You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
• You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling if one of the conditions mentioned in the General Data Protection Regulation is met
Q-Park collects and processes personal data to operate effectively and to give you the best possible experience with our products and services.
You provide your personal data directly when you create an online account, make purchases, agree to a contract, make an appeal regarding a control fee that we issued or when you contact Q-Park for support. We may also collect and process personal data when using video monitoring to prevent theft and vandalism, provide optimal service, support the operational process, and to deal with tailgaters. Q-Park also collects and process personal information for provision of services or when issuing a control fee.
Personal data we process may consist of:
Providing personal data to third parties
Q-Park may provide personal data to third parties under the applicable laws and rules of conduct (for example because Q-Park is legally required to).
Q-Park protects your personal data by implementing appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk. Q-Park also trains its employees in data protection and the fundamental principles of handling such data. Q-Park restricts access on a ‘need-to-know’ basis.
Q-Park has made efforts to develop internal policies, protect personal data, promote awareness, and to help answer privacy related questions regarding Q-Park’s collection and use of personal data. Q-Park has also appointed a Privacy Officer and created a privacy email address that you can contact should you wish to make a complaint or exercise one of your personal data privacy rights.
Q-Park Operations Denmark A/S
Gladsaxevej 378, 3.